What we can Recycle!
Our goal here at the Clay County Recycling Center is to keep as much paper, plastics, tin & aluminum cans and more from being buried in the landfill. We accept most any recycling with the recycling triangle on it and a number in the middle of that triangle.
What we can recycle:
- Cardboard (preferably not wet)
- Tin & Aluminum cans - Please make sure the tin cans are rinsed out to the best of your ability! It is very helpful to us, Thank you!
- Glass (no auto glass and ceramics)
- Office Paper (white paper, tissue paper, junk mail etc.)
- Newspaper (construction paper, wrapping paper, etc.)
- Clothes (wearable or repairable)
- Plastics (ONLY plastics with a number and triangle located somewhere on it, pop bottles, milk jugs, grocery bags, seed bags, pill bottles, laundry detergent bottles, shampoo/conditioner/lotion bottles and so much more!) Please make sure you are rinsing out these plastics to the best of your ability! It is very helpful to us, Thank you!
Things that we can't take for recycling:
- Motor oil, Antifreeze and Fuel Treatment jugs
- Styrofoam of any kind (at this point we have no market for this item)
- Kleenex or paper towels
- Donut, popcorn or ziplock bags
- Paper plates, drinking straws, plastic forks or spoons
- Dirty Diapers or Feminine products
- Cheese wrappers
- Cardboard milk or orange juice containers
- Oxygen masks and tubing
We ask for your help in making sure that any and all recycling that you bring to us or put in one of our recycling trailers placed throughout the county, be clean and have all lids off! We appreciate your cooperation and Thank you for recycling with Clay County Recycling! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 785-632-2487.